WBO has been selected to participate in the 2012 Jr. RBI All-Star Classic!!!
Major League Baseball will host the fourth annual Jr. RBI Classic during All-Star Week 2012 in Kansas City. Eight baseball and four softball teams comprised of youth ages 11-12 will participate in a friendly 36-game tournament.
Jr. RBI consists of playing divisions for young people ages 5 to 12, and serves as a feeder program for the 13 to 18 playing divisions of Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI). RBI is giving hundreds of young baseball and softball players from around the United States and Canada an opportunity to participate in several 2012 MLB All-Star Week events.
Players will attend and participate in MLB All-Star Week events like MLB All-Star FanFest, FanFest Legends Clinics, Taco Bell All-Star Sunday, XM All-Star Futures Game, Taco Bell All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game, the State Farm Home Run Derby, and a skills clinic by the Cal Ripken Sr. Foundation. In recognition of the long history of Negro League Baseball in Kansas City, participants will also tour the National Negro League Baseball Museum. Information provided by MLB.com.
Participating Baseball and Softball Teams:
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Kansas City RBI:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Kansas City has been a member of the RBI program since 1992. The program has over 900 youth participating in baseball and softball ages 5 to 18.
- Kansas City Kansas (KCK) RBI:
- Serving the Kansas side of Kansas City, KCK RBI is in its third year of operation. They have over 600 youth participating in baseball and softball ages 5 to 18.
- Toronto Blue Jays Rookie League Jr.RBI:
- The Jays Jr. RBI program is in its third year of affiliation and is operated by the Toronto Blue Jays. They have 800 youth participating in baseball ages 5-12.
- Union League Boys & Girls Club/Chicago Cubs RBI:
- The Union League Boys & Girls Club/Chicago Cubs RBI has operated in the Chicago area since 2000. The program is supported by the Chicago Cubs and they service over 600 youth participating in baseball ages 5 to 18.
- World Baseball Outreach RBI:
- 2012 is the second year of affiliation for the World Baseball Outreach RBI program, located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They currently serve over 600 players in baseball ages 5 to 16.
- Crescent City RBI:
- Crescent City RBI located in New Orleans, Louisiana is in its third year of affiliation. They currently serve over 500 players in baseball ages 5 to 16.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Long Beach RBI:
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Long Beach RBI service the greater Long Beach, California area. They currently serve over 500 players in baseball and softball ages 5 to 18.
- Boys & Girls Club of Maury County RBI:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Maury County is located in Columbia, Tennessee and this is their first year of affiliation with the RBI program. The league has over 125 youth participating in baseball and softball programs for ages 5 to 12.
- KCK RBI/Boys & Girls Club of Greater KC RBI:
- The two local Kansas City teams will combine participants from each softball program to create one greater Kansas City softball team for the event.
- RBI Atlanta:
- Locally known as “Pattillo RBI,” the RBI Atlanta program has been affiliated with RBI since 1993. The program serves 500 youth playing baseball and softball ages 12 to 18.
- Hoboken RBI:
- Operating in the Hoboken, New Jersey area, Hoboken RBI has been affiliated since 2010. The program serves 300 youth playing baseball and softball ages 12-18.
- Boys & Girls Club of King County/Seattle Mariners RBI:
- The Seattle Mariners have operated the RBI program since 1994. In 2004, the Boys & Girls Club of King County joined the Mariners’ effort to serve the youth of Seattle. Currently, over 300 youth ages 5 to 18 participate in baseball and softball programs.